Welcome to my story corner. I will be posting stories that I have written - some old, some new. I hope you enjoy reading them.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Photo Booths

This is a story I wrote a few years ago after I had a dream about Phil. We were not together at the time, obviously. I still remember this dream...




Last night I dreamt that you and I took pictures in a photo booth. I remember this because when I woke up this morning, I was smiling. We took pictures, and then I had to leave. I remember this because you grabbed my hand and asked to never let go. Something about the way you looked at me made me not want to leave. I don't know where I was going or why you held on so tight, but I remember this because it was the pain in my hand that woke me up. There was a woman waiting impatiently outside the photo booth. I remember this because she asked us to hurry up. You laughed and said ''being in love is not meant to be rushed.'' I remember this because a picture was taken at the very moment. You, looking outside the booth and me looking at you and smiling. I have a new found love for photo booths, I do not know why. Maybe it is the choice of curtains. Though, orange is not really my color. Perhaps it is the fact that we have to sit so close to each other; almost as if we are one person. Though, lack of personal space makes me feel claustrophobic. Maybe it is the 5 minutes we get to spend together while waiting for the pictures. Though, I dislike waiting around. Or, perhaps it is not the photo booth at all. Perhaps it is you, and the way you held my hand, or the pictures that were being taken - I can still see them in my mind. I want to delete them but if do, I won't have anything to see as I dream myself to you at night. On the other hand, a part of me does not want to fall asleep because I do not want to dream of photo booths. Or maybe I do not want to dream of you.

''You dream of people you cannot live without'' is what you whispered in my ear as we waited for the pictures to develop. I remember this, because I looked up at you and whispered back ''I always dream of you.'' This is when you held my hand and begged me not to go.
''What do you dream of every night?'' I asked you as you held on tight. ''This'' you said as you showed me the pictures from the photo booth.
I remember this because this is when I woke up, pain in hand, smile on face, and the realization that I do not dislike waiting around when waiting around, is for you.


You can follow our love story on This Little Love of Mine


Follow on Facebook for updates! 


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful... gave me goosebumps! I am following your feed, and thanks for stopping by and following my blog!

    Looking forward to reading your writings!

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Cherie! I have the google friend follow on my main blog littleloveofmine.blogspot.com if you want to follow that way. It's a blog love story that reads like a pocket book :)
    I absolutely love your "Letters to my children" feature. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love it.

    -Sarah
    @DearSarah

    ReplyDelete